Did you know that river cruising is a destination-oriented, immersive cultural experience? Did you also know that river cruising is one of the fastest growing industries? Here are 10 reasons why:
1. The vessels are smaller. Unlike the big cruise ships, there are only around 200 people on these vessels, making everything more intimate and relaxed. These new Viking Longships are open with lots of glass to allow you to enjoy the views.
2. Like the big cruise ships, you only unpack once.
3. Embarkation and disembarkation is easy. And what’s even better than the big cruise ships, these vessels stop in the middle of the town you want to visit. You’re not left to having to travel for an hour and a half before you see the place you want to visit. You are right there, in the heart of the city. What could be better?
4. Unlike the big cruise ships, River Cruising is all-inclusive! Even the wine and beer. You receive complimentary wine and beer with every meal.
5. Everyone gets a room with a view and many other lovely amenities.
6. All your excursions are included in the price!
7. There are lectures and daily entertainment onboard.
8. You receive complimentary Internet and WiFi.
9. You can enjoy culinary experiences like wine and cheese tastings and other extras.
10. You get concierge services to help you plan out your excursions, book reservations at restaurants along the way, get you tickets to events, etc.
The brand new Viking Longships are state-of-the-art vessels. They have a newly designed bow that allows more room on the lower level, but even more importantly, allows folks to sit on the Aquavit Terrace and enjoy the view as they have breakfast or a bite to eat in the afternoon. The engines on these boats are super quiet. And even more impressive is the fact that Viking has gone green with solar panels and their own herb garden on top.
Did I mention the staff? Because Viking owns its own fleet of ships, they also train their own people to provide the kind of service that you would want to expect on your vacation.
Viking Longship itineraries vary from 8-day to 15-day trips.
So which will it be? Do you want to see tulips and windmills? Or maybe travel through wine country of France and Germany? How about the beautiful vistas of Austria and Hungary?
If you’ve been wanting to visit Europe, consider river cruising…. Truly the best way to travel!