There are countless variations of protein bars, but we love the combination of these ingredients for the protein, fiber, omega-3s, antioxidants, healthy fats, vitamins, and minerals that protein bars offer—not to mention the great taste and the energy they provide!
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened thick cut coconut
- 2/3 cup raw honey, real maple syrup, or blackstrap molasses
- 1 cup nut butter
- 1 cup ground flax meal
- 1 cup dark/bittersweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons unrefined coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla
- 2 tablespoons whey protein powder
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Spread and press firmly into an 8×8 pan, or chill dough for at least 30 minutes and scoop rounded tablespoons into balls and stack in an airtight container in the fridge.